• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Singapore
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

From 'The Business Times'

"...In statement released yesterday, HPL said that its interest in Ankerite through its wholly-owned subsidiary HPL Orchard Place will be funded by internal resources and/or bank borrowings."

[There is a link if necessary, but for now I'm restricted by the 5-post thing]

I feel that 'something' is wrong or missing about the sentence, either the word order or grammar.

"...In a statement released yesterday, HPL said that its interest in Ankerite will be funded by internal resources and/or bank borrowings through its wholly-owned subsidiary HPL Orchard Place."

Is this order better, or are both technically acceptable? What about the lack of an 'a'?

I always have a problem deciding which part of the information comes first...

What do you think?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: From 'The Business Times'

Quote Originally Posted by Krabby Krabs View Post
    "...In statement released yesterday, HPL said that its interest in Ankerite through its wholly-owned subsidiary HPL Orchard Place will be funded by internal resources and/or bank borrowings."

[There is a link if necessary, but for now I'm restricted by the 5-post thing]

I feel that 'something' is wrong or missing about the sentence, either the word order or grammar.

"...In a statement released yesterday, HPL said that its interest in Ankerite will be funded by internal resources and/or bank borrowings through its wholly-owned subsidiary HPL Orchard Place."

Is this order better, or are both technically acceptable? What about the lack of an 'a'?

I always have a problem deciding which part of the information comes first...

What do you think?
    Your version is better.