can you help me make this simple

ok today i was asked to create a poster regarding communication. i did this i used verbal com, body movement, sign language and modern technology. i was all ready and happy to do my presentation (see below) but i was told it was too complicated. ??? how is this to complicated???

can any one tell me how i can simplify this?? perhaps bullet points or some thing equally simple??

Body Movement

From the moment we are born to the moment we die we use communication to survive from one moment to the next. We use many forms of communications some we must learn others come natural to use over time. We are trained by modern society to learn how to speak both verbally and non-verbally. We are thought how to conduct ourselves in professional manner. How we speak and how we move can determine how we succeed in life and making the wrong choices in how we communicate can elevate us in society or destroy us entirely. Actor and especially positions need to know how to speak to the public without even saying words, as one wrong body movement or incorrect facial expression can destroy their careers in an instant.

We communicate our intentions through body movement in ways that others can understand and with body language most of the time we can get our message across. Sometimes we can even send messages that we did not intend or mean, like showing that girl you like her bet coming off more as a creepy person with immoral thoughts no matter how good your intentions are.
    In a telephone conversation we communicate through speech alone but in face to face conversations we part of our communications are carried on their non verbal form and this is what’s called body movements or body language.
    When we communicate with one or more people using body language we also use eye contact and this is very important in the non verbal communication with the other person.

Maintaining eye contact helps us to perhaps better understand what the other person is trying to tell us, like a wink to say I like you your cute, or get the hell out of my site. Maintaining eye to eye contact helps also to enhance what it is you are trying to say in a non verbal communication. It helps use get feedback that they are listening and understanding what you are saying for example in a loud environment where you cannot hear any vocal commands. Watching people’s body language provides you the chance to assess and evaluate your effectiveness as a speaker or if you’re non verbal message is in face being received in the correct manner.

Body movement and body language is an important part of successful communication it helps reinforce emphases and clarify your point of view without the need for words.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: can you help me make this simple

I would start by removing all the filler words, the fluff that does not add anything.

For example, just looking at the first paragraph:

From the moment we are born to the moment we die we use communication to survive from one moment to the next. We use many forms of communications: some we must learn, others come naturally to use over time. We are trained by modern society to learn how to speak both verbally and non-verbally. We are thought how to conduct ourselves in professional manner. How we speak and how we move can determine how we succeed in life and making the wrong choices in how we communicate can elevate us in society or destroy us entirely. Actors and especially positions need to know how to speak to the public without even saying words, as one wrong body movement or incorrect facial expression can destroy their careers in an instant.

Once you have removed the fillers, then you can look at it again and refine the style. I would suggest looking at the passive use in sentences like "We are trained by society to" instead of the shorter and punchier "Society trains us to..." for example.

Talking Re: can you help me make this simple

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    I would start by removing all the filler words, the fluff that does not add anything.

For example, just looking at the first paragraph:

From the moment we are born to the moment we die we use communication to survive from one moment to the next. We use many forms of communications: some we must learn, others come naturally to use over time. We are trained by modern society to learn how to speak both verbally and non-verbally. We are thought how to conduct ourselves in professional manner. How we speak and how we move can determine how we succeed in life and making the wrong choices in how we communicate can elevate us in society or destroy us entirely. Actors and especially positions need to know how to speak to the public without even saying words, as one wrong body movement or incorrect facial expression can destroy their careers in an instant.

Once you have removed the fillers, then you can look at it again and refine the style. I would suggest looking at the passive use in sentences like "We are trained by society to" instead of the shorter and punchier "Society trains us to..." for example.
    i got to say that is perfect, i have been told i like to go on and on and some tim es never know when and where to stop LOL

would you have any ideas how i would stretch this in to a 5 minute talk? ho and what bullet points could i use?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: can you help me make this simple

I have attended two-hour seminars on body language. I don't think you should have any problem "stretching" it to five minutes!

Use more concrete examples. I saw in a recent movie-star gossip magazine, a body language expert go through a series of recent photos with Tom Cruise and his nominal wife of the hour, showing how their poses (body language) clearly "proved" that this relationship is on the rocks. He pointed to how when they were facing each other, their feet were pointed away, things like that. Find some similar examples. Or, if this is a classroom presentation, call for two volunteers and tell them how to stand, etc., to illustrate our points.