• Catalan
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Cool Bent low

What's the meaning of "bent low " in the following sentence:

Bent low over floor tiles...

Does it mean that the one who is bent is almost touching the floor?

Thank You

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Bent low

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    What's the meaning of "bent low " in the following sentence:

Bent low over floor tiles...

Does it mean that the one who is bent is almost touching the floor?

Thank You
    As always, more context is needed.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Catalan
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Cool Re: Bent low

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    As always, more context is needed.

Well, it's quite an odd magical situation in the middle of a role-playing game medieval combat. After a big blast, the patriarch of the House being attacked is seen again (literally) straddling a rising rolling knoll of stone as if he were riding it. I infer the floor is going up more and more and he is kind on the top of the knoll (I can imagine what you are thinking). Well, thing is that bent low over floor tiles that were flowing as if they were made of sap or syrup and not rigid stone, he was moving away from them, surging forward on a magical wave.

The image I have is (you correct me if you have a different perception) that being that knight over this rising knoll, and kind of riding it, he is bent forward almost touching this more and more rising knoll that it was part of the floor (before going up) covered with tiles, but taking into account that it is going up faster and faster, these tiles go away and the effect is like the knight was surging on a magical wave and therefore moving away of them.

God save us! Well, my question is (If I had understood all this mess) if this bent low means almost touching the knoll, the floor tiles and all that.

Thank You very much for your assistance and above everything your patience.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Bent low

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Well, it's quite an odd magical situation in the middle of a role-playing game medieval combat. After a big blast, the patriarch of the House being attacked is seen again (literally) straddling a rising rolling knoll of stone as if he were riding it. I infer the floor is going up more and more and he is kind on the top of the knoll (I can imagine what you are thinking). Well, thing is that bent low over floor tiles that were flowing as if they were made of sap or syrup and not rigid stone, he was moving away from them, surging forward on a magical wave.

The image I have is (you correct me if you have a different perception) that being that knight over this rising knoll, and kind of riding it, he is bent forward almost touching this more and more rising knoll that it was part of the floor (before going up) covered with tiles, but taking into account that it is going up faster and faster, these tiles go away and the effect is like the knight was surging on a magical wave and therefore moving away of them.

God save us! Well, my question is (If I had understood all this mess) if this bent low means almost touching the knoll, the floor tiles and all that.

Thank You very much for your assistance and above everything your patience.
    Yes, I get an image of a kind of eruption of the floor tiles under the knight, which he then "rides", as if on a horse, upward and forward, bent low over them, as one might lean forward over the neck of a galloping horse.
    Last edited by bhaisahab; 28-Nov-2009 at 13:31.