Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to tell me whether I am right with my interpretation of the expressions in bold in the following sentences?
1. Movie flops aren't just about losing money. Yes, big budgets that go bust are one consideration.
flop = a complete failure
go bust = become bankrupt, financially ruined
2. After the initial shock of the crash passes, Jack retreats to a quiet area beyond the beach to tend to his own minor injuries when he notices Kate Austen watching him. He asks for assistance, which she reluctantly gives by helping suture the wound on his back.
suture = put stitches in (medical term)
3. Sayid Jarrah (Naveen Andrews) organizes a clean-up crew, while Hurley salvages meals from the plane's galley and distributes them to the survivors.
galley = the kitchen of an airliner, ship, or camper
4. Charlie disappears into the bathroom while Jack and Kate find the pilot (Greg Grunberg) awaking with a start from a concussion.
awake with a start = come to one’s senses
concussion = concussion of the brain
5. Kate asks Charlie what he was doing in the bathroom, and he says he was sick, but in aflashback, it is revealed that Charlie had been doing drugs in the bathroom, and attempted to flush his stash but had been prevented by the sudden onset of turbulence.
in a flashback = in the episode or scene depicted by means of a literary or cinematic device in which an earlier event is inserted into the normal chronological order of a narrative
Thank you for your efforts.