Student or Learner
Dear teachers, all my life i was using "to pay attention ON smth".. but i found somewhere (don't remember where exactly ) that it should be "to pay attention TO smth".. so, my question, what's correct? or it depends on a situation u put this or that expression in?..
Have a look at the following sentences. Can you use ‘on’ in place of ‘to’?
Always remain alert and pay attention to what you are hearing or seeing.
It is not too late, now pay attention to these instructions.
You can say: Keep attention on him.
ok.. but imagine such situation.. the English lesson.. teacher says: "students, please pay attention ON this exercise".. or should it be "pay attention TO this exercise"?
The result was nil but from the first web page the following with 'to' are copied and reproduced below.
You can also try for yourself.
- Please pay attention to point (f) at page 1 of the form
- Furthermore, please pay attention to the stackable Exercise coupon codes
- Please pay attention to the words
- Pay Attention to the Accuracy of the Exercise
- But please pay attention to the above precautions. ...
- When you have a dog who won't pay attention to you while on walks