Student or Learner
Identify the level of linguistic structure at which the variation exists, i.e. phonological, morphological, syntactic, semantic.
1. Many dialects of English have multiple negation, as in I didnít see nobody take no picture.________________
2. Names differ from place to place to refer to an insect that glows in the dark, including glow worm, firefly, lightening bug. _______________
3. Some African- American English dialects do not mark the third person singular present tense with a suffix, e.g. he kiss, she see, it jump syntactic.
4. Many American dialects have the mid-back lax vowel sound as it is pronounced in words like bore or core. However, this vowel is produced differently in different dialects--some are more rounded, some less so, some are higher or lower than others (but not as high as[u] or as low as [a].Phonological.
Do I have any of these???
The revisions I made were
4. I simply don't understand why it wouldn't be phonological?