• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Moldavian
      • Home Country:
      • Maldives
      • Current Location:
      • United States

reconnect with someone whom you haven't kept in touch with

I am reconnecting with an old friend (who is now successful) with whom I am guilty of not keeping in contact with for a decade. How can I improve this email by eliminating unnecessary words and using strong adjectives & verbs, and it reads as a casual (as in - hey, I came across you online and thought of reconnecting) email? How to avoid using the word "I" too much?

Hi John,
    How are you [this line sounds too obvious?]. I hope you remember me from our working days [??] at ABC company. I was xxxxxx [my light bulb went off, as in - I know this guy] when I came across your facebook profile and wanted to get in touch with you. I see [better word??] you have accomplished a lot in your career since we parted ways [better phrase?] from ABC.

I work and live in the Boston area with my family. From what I can interpret from [glancing at??] your profile, I am guessing [??] you are in nearby area from here. I would love to talk and if possible meet to catch up with you.

Let me know how I can reach you over the phone, but if you would like to talk to me, here is my number xxx-xxx-xxxx. Looking forward to catching up.

- My first name
    Last edited by greenisgood; 09-Dec-2009 at 18:17.

Re: reconnect with someone whom you haven't kept in touch with

Hi John,

Long time no see!
    I hope you remember me from our working days at ABC (removed company). I was xxxxxx when I came across your Facebook profile and decided to get in touch with you. I'm impressed, you have accomplished so much since we last met.

I currently work and live in the Boston area with my family and from looking at your profile, you leave nearby. I would love to talk and, (added commas here) if possible ,meet up with you.

Let me know how I can reach you over the phone, we have a lot of catching up to do.

- My first name

P.S. If you wish to call me, my number is XXX-XXX-XXXX

Re: reconnect with someone whom you haven't kept in touch with

Hope that helps : )