• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

ZENO'S TURTLE

Dear Sirs,
    Please give me some grammatical suggestion about my writing.
    Thanks a lot

Wang

==Zeno’s paradox hints that the time could not be divided infinitely ==
    Zeno was an ancient Greek philosopher. He told a story to demonstrate his idea. Image the best ancient Greek runner Achilles running with a turtle. Achilles can runs 100 meter per second, while the turtle that runs only 1 meter per second, is slow. Therefore Achilles agrees that the turtle start at 100 meter before him. Zeno’s statement is that Achilles would never win this race. For Achilles has to reach the point where the turtle start first, meanwhile the turtle has bridged a short distance. So, every time the turtle will advantage a little sum of distance that makes Achilles would never reach the turtle.
    We know Achilles will win, while according to Zeno’s story, Achilles false logically. This famous story hints that the time can not be divided infinitely.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: ZENO'S TURTLE

Quote Originally Posted by vincent@20n110e View Post
    Dear Sirs,
    Please give me some grammatical suggestion about my writing.
    Thanks a lot

Wang

==Zeno’s paradox hints that the time could not be divided infinitely ==
    Zeno was an ancient Greek philosopher. He told a story to demonstrate his idea. Image the best ancient Greek runner Achilles running with a turtle. Achilles can runs 100 meter per second, while the turtle that runs only 1 meter per second, that is, the turtle is one hundred times slower than Achilles. Therefore Achilles agrees that the turtle shall start at 100 meter before ahead of him. Zeno’s statement is that Achilles would never win this race. For Achilles has to reach the point where the turtle started first, meanwhile the turtle has bridged managed to run a short distance (one percent of that covered by Achilles). So, every time the turtle will always hava an advantage, a little sum of distance that makes Achilles would never reach the turtle.
    We know Achilles will win, while according to Zeno’s story, Achilles false logically. This famous story hints that the time can not be divided infinitely.
    Do not forget to define the total length of the running. Who said we know Achilles will win? What if the running is only 101 m long?
    Finally I think the conclusion is not exactly what you said (time cannot be divided infinitely), but rather something else.

PS Above are only suggestions, I am not a native speaker.