• Post Thanks / Like

You no longer believe yourself into

"The center of the universe is wherever you are, and it's everywhere. It's the origin and the end point, the beauty of darkness, the exultation of nothing. And only the center is real.

You no longer believe yourself into a seperate, distant polarity, where you're identified as a tiny speck making grandiouse efforts to prove that something is true. "

Dose "into" in the second paragraph equal to "in"? Does the statement mean that

You no longer believe that you're this tiny speck making grandiouse efforts to prove that something is true in a seperate, distant polarity (a place far from the center)?

Thank you for help.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: You no longer believe yourself into

The author, a poet apparently (as that gives him or her the right to misuse words with 'poetic license') is using "believe" in a unique way. The poet is using it as if it were "force" or "push" - you no longer "force" yourself into ... Except, of course, instead of the image of force, the poet wants the image of your own mind and beliefs being the impetus.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: You no longer believe yourself into

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    The author, a poet apparently (as that gives him or her the right to misuse words with 'poetic license') is using "believe" in a unique way. The poet is using it as if it were "force" or "push" - you no longer "force" yourself into ... Except, of course, instead of the image of force, the poet wants the image of your own mind and beliefs being the impetus.
    Thanks again.

From what I know about the author and her way of saying things, I think what you've said is correct. Now, it makes sense to me.

I appreciate that you've taken your time to help me.