as life appears to happen

"The clear mind, loving the music of itself as it moves from the chair to sink, notices that even though what's left of the thoughts is ravishingly beautiful, it also isn't true. It's the music, the sound track, meaningless forever, as life appears to happen. Who would wage war against a sound track? What craziness could oppose such simplicity? "

What does "as life appears to happen" mean?

1) like things in life seems occurring by chance?

2) while things in life seems happen?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: as life appears to happen

You need first to understand that this is poetry. That involves the use and twisting of phrases in an unusual and often unintelligible way. The result is a string of words and phrases that "evoke" something. It should not be expected to be perfectly grammatical. Nor should what it evokes in you necessarily be the same thing that it evokes in others, or in the author.

This is not an answer to your question. It is only a justification for the fact that I have no idea, either, what the author is trying to say.

Re: as life appears to happen

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    You need first to understand that this is poetry. That involves the use and twisting of phrases in an unusual and often unintelligible way. The result is a string of words and phrases that "evoke" something. It should not be expected to be perfectly grammatical. Nor should what it evokes in you necessarily be the same thing that it evokes in others, or in the author.

This is not an answer to your question. It is only a justification for the fact that I have no idea, either, what the author is trying to say.
    Thank you so much. I feel much better now. :)

I' guess meaning (1) is more likely the one.

as things happenging in life randomly, they just appear.