• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

optical technical English?

Hello Everyone,

I have received the quality requirements for tempered glass lids from my clients. There is one artical I can't fully understand. Could you explain here?

Put the samples (without the stainless steel ring) on the alight surface of the polariscope, in case of lack of tint plate, any color exceeding the brilliant yellow on the Newton scale should appear (optical retard of 350 400nm).

(Please note here samples refer to tempered glass lids!)

My questions here is alight surface mean what? And with regards to" any color exceeding the brilliant yellow should appear", I would like to know here what colors "any color exceeding the brilliant yellow"include? and what is optical retard of 350 400nm?

Regards

Sky

Re: optical technical English?

Quote Originally Posted by sky753 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have received the quality requirements for tempered glass lids from my clients. There is one artical I can't fully understand. Could you explain here?

Put the samples (without the stainless steel ring) on the alight surface of the polariscope, in case of lack of tint plate, any color exceeding the brilliant yellow on the Newton scale should appear (optical retard of 350 400nm).

(Please note here samples refer to tempered glass lids!)

My questions here is alight surface mean what? And with regards to" any color exceeding the brilliant yellow should appear", I would like to know here what colors "any color exceeding the brilliant yellow"include? and what is optical retard of 350 400nm?

Regards

Sky
    This looks like a poor translation.

Apparently the polariscope would have an illuminated surface for the specimen to be placed on.

Apparently material to specification should give off a bright or brilliant yellow colour (on the Newton scale) when exposed to the instrument, (if there is no tint plate present.)

optical retard of 350 400nm)

This is presumably the nanometer (nm) reading expected with a value between 350 and 400 nm to meet specification.