I have a problem

Hi.I have a problem with memorizing vocabularies .

I am very good at listening and comprehension .sometimes I listen to english news and programs the whole of day and I do not get tierd but when its time for memorizing vocabularies ...oh I hate it .I do not have a good relation with dictionaries .
    I realy like to learn English I want to speak like a native English speaker .That is my goal .

I tried many diffrent ways but thay did not work .I want your suggestions now.

Re: I have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by farzadparsaei View Post
    Hi.I have a problem with memorizing vocabularies .

I am very good at listening and comprehension .sometimes I listen to english news and programs the whole of day and I do not get tierd but when its time for memorizing vocabularies ...oh I hate it .I do not have a good relation with dictionaries .
    I realy like to learn English I want to speak like a native English speaker .That is my goal .

I tried many diffrent ways but thay did not work .I want your suggestions now.
    Hi!

1. First, you have to mend fences with English - English dictionaries; some of them, e.g. the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, have the defining vocabulary, around 2000 words, with which all the definitions (but only definitions, not example sentences) have been written. So, every time you look up a word in the dictionary you read the definition with familiar words listed in the defining vocabulary, thus memorizing new entries in English with continual repetition the same words, taken out of those 2000, and used in different definitions.

2. Second, try to listen to VOA Special English. They also use the defining vocabulary in their broadcasting.