Smile Keeping my bilingual dictionary away.

Hello everybody, I've just joined this FORUM. Anyway, I am Brazilian and I really like studying English, actually Ive been studying it for over 3 years.. However, I would like to start posting a kind of curiosity of mine.

I used to use the bilingual dictionary Oxford Portuguese - English. But this year I decided to buy a learner dictionary- English - English, so I bought the Newbury Dictionary. It is the best dictionary I've ever seen because of the simple definitions and a lot of phrasal verbs, examples etc... I mean.. although Im not an advanced student, I can understand its definitions and I did realized that this kind of dictionary has improved my English aswell.

I would like to know your opinion about this dict. and which others do you usually keep around. thks!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Keeping my bilingual dictionary away.

Quote Originally Posted by adriano90 View Post
    Hello everybody, I've just joined this FORUM. Anyway, I am Brazilian and I really like studying English, actually Ive been studying it for over 3 years.. However, I would like to start posting a kind of curiosity of mine.

I used to use the bilingual dictionary Oxford Portuguese - English. But this year I decided to buy a learner dictionary- English - English, so I bought the Newbury Dictionary. It is the best dictionary I've ever seen because of the simple definitions and a lot of phrasal verbs, examples etc... I mean.. although Im not an advanced student, I can understand its definitions and I did realized that this kind of dictionary has improved my English aswell.

I would like to know your opinion about this dict. and which others do you usually keep around. thks!
    Hi Adriano!
    It is good to know you are using an English to English dictionary. It is important to think in the target language you are learning. I am glad to know you are improving your English. Welcome to UsingEnglish!