1. Unregistered

Village as the name of housing estate

can i use the word Sunshine Village to name a group of high-rise buildings(housing estate)? if an housing estate is called XXX Village, then what kind of building it has to be? if the buildings are very high, then i can't use the word Village to name it, right? any other features?

Re: Village as the name of housing estate

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    can i use the word Sunshine Village to name a group of high-rise buildings(housing estate)? if an housing estate is called XXX Village, then what kind of building it has to be? if the buildings are very high, then i can't use the word Village to name it, right? any other features?
    I think you can. The word village refers not only to a small village in the country but it also stands for a complex of townhomes, duplexes, detached single homes or city lofts that are in the same area. It's a term that has been developed quite recently and it also applies to urban chic high rises and condos. Quite often you will find that the complex of buildings is looked after by the same property managment group. That group is responsible for the upkeep of the grounds (grass cutting, hedge trimming), garbage disposal, swimming pool clean up, etc. It's like a community of it's own. It's a very chic and trendy thing nowadays.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Village as the name of housing estate

In England, the more rural an estate's name, the worse the estate.