• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Time machine

Time machine

“Time machine”, produced by William Joyce, released in 1994, is an American cartoon film. This interesting film tells us about Bod, a sixteen-year-old kid. He was highly intelligent and good at making machines , especially his unprecedented invention, “Time machine”. He invented it as he wished to see his natural mother only for the first time in his life.

What did she look like? Didn’t she love me and expect to see her son again when he had grown up? But if she did, why she left me alone at a strange people’s door when I was only a baby?”

All the questions had no answer. No one knew who Bob’s real mother was, even his adoptive parents.

Although Bod loved his family and the two well-natured parents who had saved and brought him up, he used “Time machine” to go back to the past to see his natural mother.

When he saw a woman running in the snowy rain with a baby on her hand, Bod was sure that it was his natural mother and the baby was him. But he couldn’t see her clearly. He came more nearly and intended to brush up against her. Suddenly he withdrew his hand and hid himself in the corner. The woman heard a small sound but could not see anyone. She put the baby down and ran away at once. When the woman had gone, Bod went to the place where the baby was crying and rang a doorbell. Another woman, his adoptive mother ran out to open the door but didn’t see anyone else, except for the baby. Since then, she was very happy as she had no child before.

Bod returned the present; his close friend asked why he hadn’t called and let his real mother know about him, he said: “It is because I am having a happy family now. My real mom, she must have had her own reason to leave me alone. In a very far distance, hope she are living as happily as I am”.
    Last edited by san2612; 18-Dec-2009 at 15:07.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Palestinian Territory
      • Current Location:
      • Palestinian Territory

Re: Time machine

It's so nice really

Thanks for this story

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    Time machine

“Time machine”, produced by William Joyce, released in 1994, is an American cartoon film. This interesting film tells us about Bod, a sixteen-year-old kid. He was highly intelligent and good at making machines , especially his unprecedented invention, a “Time machine”. He invented it as he wished to see his natural mother for only the first time in his life.

What did she look like? Didn’t she love me and expect to see her son again when he had grown up? But if she did, why had she left me alone at a strange people’s door when I was only a baby?”

All the questions had no answer. No one knew who Bob’s (Bod or Bob) real mother was, not even his adoptive parents.

Although Bod loved his family and the two well-natured parents who had saved him and brought him up, he used the “Time machine” to go back to the past to see his natural mother.

When he saw a woman running in the snowy rain with a baby on her hand, Bod was sure that it was his natural mother and the baby was him. But he couldn’t see her clearly. He came more nearly and intended to brush up against her. Suddenly he withdrew his hand and hid himself in the corner. The woman heard a small sound but could not see anyone. She put the baby down and ran away at once. When the woman had gone, Bod went to the place where the baby was crying and rang a doorbell. Another woman, his adoptive mother ran out to open the door but didn’t see anyone else, except for the baby. She was very happy then, as she had no child before, so she kept the baby.

Bod returned the present; his close friend asked why he hadn’t called and let his real mother know about him, he said: “It is because I am having have a happy family now. My real mom, she must have had her own reason to leave me alone. At a very far distance, I hope she are living as happily as I am”.
    R.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

In a very far distance, hope she is living as happily as I am”.
    What time would you visit if you had a time machine?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

I would go to the future (Dec 24, 2910) to see what the world would be.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

If I also want to know your opinion, should I ask 'how about you?' or 'and you?' ?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

If I also want to know your opinion, should I ask 'how about you?' or 'and you?' ?
    Either is good. I think maybe I would like to visit the year 2300.