vomit on

Hello, would you please tell me, if I can say: she vomited on herself?? Or does that sound strange in English? It is normal in my native language.
    And when can you say "vomit on", can you say some examples sounding natural. Perhaps: he vomited on his shirt, shoes..., thanks in advance.

Re: vomit on

Quote Originally Posted by Encolpius View Post
    Hello, would you please tell me, if I can say: she vomited on herself?? Or does that sound strange in English? It is normal in my native language.
    And when can you say "vomit on", can you say some examples sounding natural. Perhaps: he vomited on his shirt, shoes..., thanks in advance.
    Presuming it is a literal statement, yes, you can say 'she vomited on herself'. As for the examples, a person can vomit virtually anywhere, and you can say that in a sentence:

"She vomited on: the floor, her dress, her friend..." and you could go on as far as your imagination could take you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: vomit on

Quote Originally Posted by Encolpius View Post
    "She vomited over herself" is also common. (also for clothes, shoes, other people).