• Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

cloze test

Hi,

Please help me to check my answer

Sonya’s husband, Gustavo, also takes night classes. After ten years as (1) ___a___ computer programmer, Gustavo lost his job (2) ___last___ year. He was always (3) __interested__ in teaching, so he decided to get a degree in education. Now (4) _he__ hopes to teach high school computer classes.
    Sonya and Gustavo (5) __is__ typical of many working Americans (6) __who__ are returning to the classroom to continue their education. The numbers are growing fast. (7) __In__ 1999, 46 percent of American adults, almost half of the adult population, were enrolled in an (8) ___old___ education program. Just nine years earlier, the (9) __number__ was 32 percent.
    Why is this happening? Many adult, like Sonya feel that (10) __they__ need continuing education just keep to (11) __adapt__ the changes in their field. People who (12) ___ran___ business fifteen years ago probably did not take classes in information systems, for example. Now they need to go (13) ___back___ to school.
    Other worker, (14) __like__ Gustavo, go back to school to train for a new career. Gustavo now feels (15) ___that___ losing his job was not all bad. “I was very upset at first,” he admits. “but now I’m glad that I’m going back to school. I want to do something different.”

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: cloze test

Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    Hi,

Please help me to check my answer

Sonya’s husband, Gustavo, also takes night classes. After ten years as (1) ___a___ computer programmer, Gustavo lost his job (2) ___last___ year. He was always (3) __interested__ in teaching, so he decided to get a degree in education. Now (4) _he__ hopes to teach high school computer classes.
    Sonya and Gustavo (5) __are__ typical of many working Americans (6) __who__ are returning to the classroom to continue their education. The numbers are growing fast. (7) __In__ 1999, 46 percent of American adults, almost half of the adult population, were enrolled in an (8) __adult__ education program. Just nine years earlier, the (9) __total__ was 32 percent.
    Why is this happening? Many adults, like Sonya feel that (10) __they__ need continuing education just to keep (11) __up with__ the changes in their field. People who (12) ___ran___ businesses fifteen years ago probably did not take classes in information systems, for example. Now they need to go (13) ___back___ to school.
    Other workers, (14) __like__ Gustavo, go back to school to train for a new career. Gustavo now feels (15) ___that___ losing his job was not all bad. “I was very upset at first,” he admits. “but now I’m glad that I’m going back to school. I want to do something different.”
    Bhai.