• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Kindly check my paragraph on climate change

The 192 members of the UN have gathered at Copenhagen, mission to come up with the solutions to reduce the carbon emission. It is just a waste of time or shall I put it this way, they will agree to disagree. The climate change solution does not need a political will, but an advance technology. The develop countries would not cut down the emission fearing it would hamper their development and they might lost their top slot to other country. On the other hand, the developing countries would also not agree to cut their emissions, as they eagerly want to pace up their progress and race ahead.

Re: Kindly check my paragraph on climate change

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    The 192 members of the UN have gathered at Copenhagen, with the mission to come up with (removed 'the') solutions to reduce (removed 'the') global carbon emissions. (Perhaps you should put "I believe" here) It is just a waste of time or, shall I put it this way, they will agree to disagree. The climate change solution does not need a political will, but an advance in technology. The developed countries would not cut down their emissions fearing it would hamper their development and they might lose their top slot to another country. On the other hand, the developing countries would also not agree to cut their emissions, as they eagerly want to pace up their progress and race ahead.
    (Not a teacher)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Kindly check my paragraph on climate change

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    The 192 members of the UN have gathered at Copenhagen summit, with a mission to come up with (the solutions) a binding treaty to reduce the carbon emission. It is just a waste of time or (shall I) put in the other (it this) way, they all (will) agreed to disagree. The climate change solution does (not) need a political will, (but) as well as an advance technology. The developed countries would not cut down the emission fearing it would hamper their comfort linked with development and they might lose their top slot to other countries. On the other hand, the developing countries would also not agree to cut their emissions, as they eagerly want to keep (pace) up their progress and race ahead.
    Delete words on brackets. I think 'does not need a political will' is an unintentional error, as a common agreement on a binding treaty is not possible without a strong political will.
    Last edited by sarat_106; 21-Dec-2009 at 08:16.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Hope they pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    Delete words on brackets
    Make sure you check, new2grammar, that the changes made here by sarat_106 are what you intend to say. There is a big difference between "The climate change solution does not need political will" (what you said originally) and "The climate change solution does need political will" (Sarat_106's correction).