Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Dawood Usmani's Avatar
    Senior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 603

    Question What word is this?

    What do we say a thing in English which we use to catch a hot dish?
    A small device made of steel used to handle hot cooking utensils just like a pair of scissors.

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 576

    Re: What word is this?

    From that description, specially the 'like a pair of scissors' part, the word 'tongs' comes to mind.

    Here is a picture of tongs to see if it is this that you mean:

Similar Threads

  1. How to find a certain word for a definition
    By maral55 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27-May-2009, 16:22
  2. The meaning with no word . . .
    By ScaryEders in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-May-2009, 07:15
  3. Word Checker 1 - The Dolch basic word list
    By Tdol in forum Content
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-Apr-2004, 15:30


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts