How to make good communication skills

Hi ,

As i am belong to non-english country and i found that speaking in a english is vary far for me because the environment of second language.
    So i am not able to well in speaking and grammer after much effort , i joined the courses for enhancing the skills but not work much because the environment we have. So there is lack of people around me who speak in english. So this is the most problem i found. Second my attitude , i am not like the person who make friend in one minute i take too much time to believe in person not share my personal view so not able to communicate well.
    So what u suggest me to enhancing the skills in english , i m waiting ur comment .

Thanks in advance...........

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: How to make good communication skills

Quote Originally Posted by pks_stuff View Post
    Hi ,
    As I (am) belong to a non-English speaking country, (and) I find (found) that speaking in (a) English is vary difficult (far) for me and also because it is the (environment of) second language. So I am not able to do well either in speaking and writing correct English grammatically after much effort. I joined some (the) courses for enhancing the skills but it did not work much because of the environment we have. (So) There is lack of people around me who speak in English. So this is the greatest (most) problem for me. (i found). Secondly it is my attitude , I am not like the person who makes friend in one minute, I take too much time to believe in a person and do not share my personal view so as (not) to be able to communicate well.
    So what u suggest me for (to) enhancing the skills in English , I am waiting for (ur) your comments .

Thanks in advance...........
    Hi pks stuff,

You need to improve both in writing and speaking. You can see the number of mistakes in your text, corrected by me in red. The words in brackets are to be deleted. You can ask me where you wish to know the reason behind the correction. Coming to your problem, please note that if you have the right desire and inclination to learn, the difficulties can be overcome but you must devote sufficient time for this. I am an Indian, so I know the reality.
    My first advice to you is to start doing the following.
    § Read an English new paper every day for half an hour to one hour, first time loudly.(whether you understand or not) so that others could hear.
    § Second time read yourself and note down the difficult words in separate note book.
    § Refer to dictionary to find the meaning of words not understood by you, when you read for the third time.
    § Even then some words would remain hard for you to understand. So make it a point to seek clarifications by posting a suitable question in this sub forum “Ask a teacher’. There are experienced teachers of international standards who may answer your posts.
    Please try practicing this for 15 days and see the improvement. We can interact after you complete this task