• Post Thanks / Like

Help me please.

If i would like to say " Because of heavy snow and bad whether it took me an extra 10 minutes to get here therefore i was late" IF you allow me to work extra 10 minutes to cover my lateness i appreciate as i do not want to be done for half an hour.

Will anyone can help me to say this sentence more professionally and accurately so that i can easily convince my line manager.

Thank you very much in advance

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me please.

If I were your line manager, I would suggest that next time you look at the weather forecast before you go to bed, and leave early if it looks like it will take you longer. Work schedules can not be set back just because you were late.

However, to your sentence, first I need to know if when you say "I do not want to be done for half an hour" you mean "docked" or charged half an hour for being 10 minute late. If that's what you mean, then I would say, "I'm sorry I was 10 minutes late this morning. I realize the policy requires a 30-minute dock for being late, but if possible, i would like to work 30 minutes later today, as I really cannot afford to have my pay docked." (I wouldn't blame the weather on my lateness. That part should be obvious, and it just looks like you are trying to shift the blame from yourself to the weather.")