Student or Learner
According to poem of "Desert places" by Robert frost please give the response to the following questions:
1. Which stanza is most negative? Consider synonyms.
2. How emotionally powerful is the word "scare"(line 13 and line 16)?
3. What multiple denotations of the word "benighted" are functional in the poem?
4. How does the etymology of "blanker" add to its force in this context?
5. What denotations of "spirits"(line7) are relevant here?
6. Who are "they"(line 13) who can create fear by talking about the emptiness of space? fear of what?
7. What are the "desert places"(line 16) within the speaker that may be compared to literal emptiness of space?
DEFINITELY IT IS NOT HOMEWORK .