Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It is easy to learn English but hard to master it. :roll:

elisi173

Member Type
Student or Learner
I think english is the easiest language to learn in the world, but I'm spanish and the level we have in Spain education is the worst level in Europe.
This year I'm going to begin in oficial academy and I hope to learn more.

halpa

Member Type
Student or Learner
as English my third language , I realized that English is much easy than Chinese . another matter that I have most passion with English.:lol:

jomarie

Member Type
English Teacher
It's sooooo easy to learn it if you learn it by heart! I'm from the Philippines and appparently, English is not my mother tongue but I'm indeed havin a good time conversing in English. As a suggestion you had better focus on your pronunciation first befiore mastering the other aspects. Just familiarize yourself with vocabularies, their pronunciations and the rest will follow.
Goodluck:up:

Matt william

Member Type
Student or Learner
helloo... guys it's soo easy when you learn english i see many people here thought the english it's hard to learn .... I don't know what's the problem ????

cashernandes

Member Type
Student or Learner
One factor that makes English seem an easy language is the fact that it is ubiquitous. It's simply impossible not to have some sort of contact with the language wherever you're located in the world. Ninety-nine percent of the movies that are now showing in the cinema are in English. We also listen to a lot of songs in English, and have loads of English TV-series being broadcasted.

The impression we have is that it is easier than, say, German, because that one is not a language we see on a daily basis.

I guess I could say I am able to speak English fairly well, and I am now learning German. I'm a beginner at German, and it's definitely not easy. Loads of people say it's more difficult than English, but, is that so?

To start with, I think that's a very ambiguous question. In what sense is German harder? Learning German has shown me that the English spelling can be quite a hurdle (it's a lot harder than Portuguese, my mother-tongue, a language which many native speakers can't write properly). On top of that, I can understand German speakers on Youtube much better than I could English when I was at that level in it.

Thus, my answer is NO: English is definitely not an easy language TO MASTER. As most people reach a basic level in it (which is radically easy compared to an advanced one), they claim it's an easy language even while making loads of mistakes when speaking. But very few people do aquire an advanced level. That shows that it is indeed a hard language.

Last edited:

The Majesty

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
English not easy language. It needs alot of hard work to be good not perfect

Alaa.ANA

Member Type
Student or Learner
i thinks it is esay, if u use it daily
i would like to met a new people who speak english well , to help me to speak well in english.

๓иąķзГ

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
No,it's very hard,but i wish learn english :cry:

so, i want to learn english

can you help me ? :(

last thing thanx for you :)

Mr.Hani

Member Type
Student or Learner
I thinks it's too hard to learn it ,

We must love English to learn when we didn't love it , we can't learn it
we should be practice with other people they can speak good English
To sum up i think it's too hard from me to speak and write good English ,

Thanks ,,

asaplover

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
frankly, it is VERY hard to master...:cry:

Learning English isn’t all it’s cracked up to be...
First, grammar muddies the waters,
but idiomatic expressions only add fuel to the fire..

sajidnuml

Member Type
Student or Learner
LEARNING English writing skills I think is the most difficuilt task, however learning speaking English is relatively easy. One could master it in only a few months. It could be done through myriad ways.

But on the contrary learning English writing skills requires much effort, time and and patience. It is because of the fact that One learns the method of correct thinking before becoming a good writer. For example, one is quite good at the rules of compositions but lacks ideas; it would impossible therefore to write.

It is my opinion and it could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.