• Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia

Re-schedule the training

Hi teachers and friends,

I was required by my supervisor to schedule an internal training with senior staff and here is the draft of the email. Please let me know if there is any mistake with the email or any error that you find in this post. Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

Referring to Mike's email below, please let me know when you're free so we can shedule the training. Please find attach the details of the training.

Thanks and best regards,
    Adam

Re: Re-schedule the training

Quote Originally Posted by hampeh View Post
    Hi teachers and friends,

I was required by my supervisor to schedule an internal training with senior staff and here is the draft of the email. Please let me know if there is any mistake with the email or any error that you find in this post. Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

Referring to Mike's email below, please let me know when you're free so we can shedule the training. Please find attached the details of the training.

Thanks and best regards,
    Adam
    (Not a teacher)

Quote Originally Posted by hampeh View Post
    Hi teachers and friends,

Hi John,

Referring to Mike's email below, please let me know when you're free so we can shedule the training. Please find attach the details of the training.

Thanks and best regards,
    Adam
    or you can say "the details of the training are in attachment"

Although I'm not a teacher, but I still find the whole paragraph confusing. I hope someone could point us to the right direction because I have to do emails at work too.

Instead of using the word, "free" try writing "available".

"...schedule the training"... what training? With who? Unless the attached email by Mike specifically states the training then the information of 'what' and 'who' are unnecessary.

How does this sound?

Hi John,

I have attached Mike's email below regarding [something] training.
    Please let me know when you're available so that I can schedule the training for you.

Cheers, [ or Kind Regards,]
    Adam

You can say Thanks, or Kind Regards but I wouldn't use both because the purpose of emailing is to keep it short and easy to read.

Last edited by Jimmy08; 29-Dec-2009 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy08 View Post
    Although I'm not a teacher, but I still find the whole paragraph confusing. I hope someone could point us to the right direction because I have to do emails at work too.

"...schedule the training"... what training? With who? Unless the attached email by Mike specifically states the training then the information of 'what' and 'who' are unnecessary.

How does this sound?

Hi John,

Please let me know when you're available so that I can schedule the training for you.

Adam

You can say Thanks, or Kind Regards but I wouldn't use both because the purpose of emailing is to keep it short and easy to read.

your right, but this is an email that native English speakers would send each other. the one who wrote the original mail isn't a native speaker so we don't expect his email to be flawless. To him English is just a global language
    but your right

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy08 View Post

How does this sound?

Hi John,

Adam

(Not a teacher)

Normally when you reply to emails, the original email is included below the reply email automatically. It is this he is referring to when he says 'Mike's email below', it isn't an attachment. The attachment is, presumably, a file detailing the training, whatever the training is. This is why he doesn't need to specify what training.

Free/availiable - either is acceptable.