• Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

• Post Thanks / Like

dating

Hi there,
    please proofread the sentences.

One of the disadvantages of teenagers dating is that they are usually not mature enough to handle a relationship. They may feel bored after dating for a while, and request to end the relationship. The one being dumped will feel upset and useless. The separation sometimes may bring disastrous consequences to the lovers.
    tks
    pete

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: dating

Quote Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
    Hi there,

One of the disadvantages of teenagers dating is that they are usually not mature enough to handle a relationship. They may feel bored after dating for a while, and request to end the relationship. The one being dumped will feel upset and useless. The separation may sometimes bring disastrous consequences to the lovers.
    tks
    pete
    (Not a teacher)

I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not, but it sounds more correct as 'may sometimes'.

Also, I can't help but think you should change 'teenagers' to 'young teenagers'. A nineteen year-old seems pretty mature enough to handle a relationship, I would think. Certainly the law thinks so, with most countries allowing people to marry from about sixteen-eighteen. But that's just an opinion.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: dating

Quote Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
    Hi there,

One of the disadvantages of teenagers dating is that they are usually not mature enough to handle a relationship. They may feel bored after dating for a while, and request to end the relationship. The one being dumped will feel upset and useless. The separation sometimes may bring disastrous consequences to the lovers.
    tks
    pete
    I don't think request is the most appropriate term to describe this. Maybe it's better if you use: want, choose
    also sometimes may sounds a bit odd. it's better if you write "may sometimes"