Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #1

    Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offering you a wide range of exclusive jewellery designs adding more comfort and convenience to your shopping. The new spectacular showroom caters to your panache for a unique expression of style so you can.


    • Join Date: Oct 2009
    • Posts: 73
    #2

    Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offering you a wide range/array of exclusive jewellery designs adding more comfort and convenience to your shopping. The new spectacular showroom caters to your panache for a unique expression of style so you can.
    1- so you can what?
    2- is offering

    I don't get it. you're using posh words to spice up your sentence and by doing so nobody will understand it anymore.
    but it's correct. you only have to rewrite the "so... can" part because it makes no sense

  2. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #3

    Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by meee View Post
    1- so you can what?
    2- is offering

    I don't get it. you're using posh words to spice up your sentence and by doing so nobody will understand it anymore.
    but it's correct. you only have to rewrite the "so... can" part because it makes no sense
    Kindly help me to improve on this. I want to communicate that new showroom would add comfort and convenience to your shoping

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,121
    #4

    Exclamation Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offers you a wide range of exclusive jewellery designs in addition to providing more comfort and convenience to your shopping. You will find the new spectacular showroom match to your panache and the unique designs ready to complement your exciting expression/look and style that others would admire..
    You can try the rewritten modified text.

  3. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #5

    Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    You can try the rewritten modified text.
    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offers you a wide range of exclusive jewellery designs. In addition to providing more comfort and convenience to your shopping, You will find the new spectacular showroom match to your panache and the unique designs ready to complement your exciting expression/look and style that others would admire..

    Can i place full stop after designs..in 2nd line and comma after shopping in 3rd line..I thin it sounds more appropriate. Kindly suggest

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,121
    #6

    Exclamation Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offers you a wide range of exclusive jewellery designs. In addition to providing more comfort and convenience to your shopping, You will find the new spectacular showroom match to your panache and the unique designs ready to complement your exciting expression/look and style that others would admire..

    Can i place full stop after designs..in 2nd line and comma after shopping in 3rd line..I thin it sounds more appropriate. Kindly suggest
    Yes you can do so, better with some additions as suggested and also replace the word complementwith supplement and excitingwith sophisticatedif they sound good to you; as:

    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offers you a wide range of exclusive jewellery designs to suit your elegant taste. In addition to providing more comfort and convenience to your shopping, you will find the new spectacular showroom match to your panache and the unique designs ready to complement/supplement your exciting/sophisticated expression/look and style that others would admire..
    Last edited by sarat_106; 30-Dec-2009 at 06:29.

  4. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #7

    Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    Yes you can do so, better with some additions as suggested and also replace the word complementwith supplement and excitingwith sophisticatedif they sound good to you; as:

    Dwarkadas Chandumal Jewellers NX offers you a wide range of exclusive jewellery designs to suit your elegant taste. In addition to providing more comfort and convenience to your shopping, you will find the new spectacular showroom match to your panache and the unique designs ready to complement/supplement your exciting/sophisticated expression/look and style that others would admire..
    How about the following:

    you will find the designs to/that match your panache for a unique expression and to/that complement your look and style that others would admire.


    Kindly tell me what is appropriate to or that in the above sentence and kindly explain it

    I think the corerct version would be the following, please correct me if I am wrong:

    you will find the designs that match your panache for a unique expression and that complement your look and style which others would admire

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,121
    #8

    Exclamation Re: Is this sentence grammatically perfect. Kindly check

    Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    How about the following:

    you will find the designs to/that match your panache for a unique expression and to/that complement your look and style that others would admire.


    Kindly tell me what is appropriate to or that in the above sentence and kindly explain it

    I think the corerct version would be the following, please correct me if I am wrong:

    you will find the designs that match your panache for a unique expression complementing your look and style which others would admire
    The problem here is the appropriate use of the word Panache which means assertive, flamboyance to go with the exclussive designs of jewelary. As a matter of fact, the word is already associated with fashion and style It is used to describe someone who has a dashing confidence of style, or shows a certain flamboyance and courage.

    When we say: She dressed with panache, it means her stylish and fashionable way of presentation and expression with the dress is unique, in other words the dress complements her panache. In that sense complementing your look and style(as corrected) will be Ok

Similar Threads

  1. Kindly check the sentence
    By new2grammar in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Oct-2009, 10:38
  2. [General] Sentence check
    By bikbik in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-Aug-2009, 09:25
  3. kindly check this sentence
    By new2grammar in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-May-2009, 09:35
  4. plz check this sentence
    By anni in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2007, 17:03
  5. plz check this sentence
    By anni in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2007, 15:37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •