help me

Hello everybody ... I need some help can you help me with this test..

Rising crime? read the text below. Use the word given in capitals to form a word that fits in the gap( PERCEIVE...DRAMA... EVIDENT....BURGLE....MORAL.....MUG...DECIDE,,,,CON TROVERSY...SIGNIFY...APPEAR

In recent months there has been a growing 13 among the general public that crime in this country is on the increase. 14 newspaper headlines imply that somebody is being murdered around every corner, but the 15 simply doesn’t add up. The truth is that crimes such as 16 have declined considerably in the last year, suggesting that contrary to public opinion, the nation is not as 17 as some appear to believe, and not everybody is living next door to a violent 18 . There has been some fairly 19 action by the police. In a 20 move last year, they initiated a policy of getting tough on persistent young offenders, and they have had a 21 amount of success in this area. Moreover, the 22 of more policemen on the streets has almost certainly kept crime levels low.
    Thank you...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: help me

Nobody can "help" you until you first try.

Thank you for your replaid... I tried but I found it very difficult .because .I'm in Pre-intermediate level so I found it a little difficult anybody else can help me ..

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Quote Originally Posted by roro_1981 View Post
    Thank you for your replaid... I tried but I found it very difficult .because .I'm in Pre-intermediate level so I found it a little difficult anybody else can help me ..
    Don't give up too quickly.
    The words go into the paragraph in the order that they appear at the top. That is, a word formed from "perceive" goes into space 13 and a word formed from "appear" goes into 22.
    For each number, you first have to decide what kind of word (noun, verb, adjective, etc) you need. Then change the word at top into the kind of word that you need.

It's your turn now.
    Nobody will do all the work for you.