1. Unregistered

Help!

Hi!

I`m a Norwegian, and I`m planning on sending this to a well-known american publishing house:

"I would be pleased to have your permission to start working on a Norwegian translation of John Doe`s "XX", published under the XX imprint. I`m planning on translating the book`s first chapter to be sent as part of an inquiry to relevant Norwegian publishers. Please inform me if you have had any similar requests from Norwegian translators or publishers about this book."

Is this 100% correct??

Thanks!!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi!

I`m a Norwegian, and I`m planning on sending this to a well-known american publishing house:

"I would be pleased to have your permission to start working on a Norwegian translation of John Doe`s "XX", published under the XX imprint. I`m planning on translating the book`s first chapter to be sent as part of an inquiry to relevant Norwegian publishers. Please inform me if you have had any similar requests from Norwegian translators or publishers about this book."

Is this 100% correct??

Thanks!!
    ***NOT A TEACHER*** Very nice letter. Perhaps just a few minor points:
    I would appreciate your permission to start working...John Doe's "XX," published (American style = comma inside quotation marks)...to be sent to relevant Norwegian (Is "as part of an inquiry" necessary?)...had similar requests (Is "any" necessary?). Nowadays everybody likes concise writing. The shorter the better. Bigger impact on reader, too. (Hopefully, a writing teacher will soon answer you.)