INTERESTING CLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuoreman

Member Type
English Teacher
HI,I teach middle and primary school english in china,i need ideas on how to make my class interesting.thanks

hope2010

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
HI,I teach middle and primary school english in china,i need ideas on how to make my class interesting.thanks

Hi vuoreman

One way to make the class interesting is to make students love reading and enjoy listening to English. I tried one way with university students and worked
wonderfully. Start every class by reading to students an interesting text ( be it a story, joke, interesting piece of news article..etc.). Make students only listen and don't give them copies of the text at this stage. Tell them they are listening only for fun. When you finish reading, don't ask comprehension questions. Give students a minute to self reflect silently on what they have listened to. Make copies of the reading available on your desk for students to collect, if interested, at the end of the class. You could do a qick survey on the type of texts your students love to read about most. This will help you pick a reading they are more likely to enjoy.

Hope you find this helpful. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.