Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Black is a wonderful color in the eyes attracting you while their pupils are getting bigger and you see yourself in those both {two} mirrors.
{I doubt that black eyes are normal. In the U.S. a black eye occurs when someone has been hit in the area of the eye causing a bruise which is blackish in color. Eye colors can range from the most common color, brown, to the least common, green. Rare genetic mutations can even lead to unusual eye colors: black, red, or the appearance of violet.}

Black hair reminds you of raven's wings wrapping her chicks.
{Nicely written}

Black can spread over someone's skin and cried for losing rights all over the world in order to believe that blacks have equal right as whites, reds and yellows.
{I have no idea what this means}

If black didn't exist, you wouldn't find calm and peace in so-called nights.
{Why so-called nights? It’s either night or it’s not night}

and you wouldn't see the black lids gradually covering your eyes.
{“And” needs to be capitalized since it is the beginning of a sentence. I assume that the “black lids covering your eyes” is a reference to death – is that right?}

In short, black for some brides and people who consider their nightdresses significant, plays an important role.
{Might be written – In short, black plays an important role for some brides and other people who consider their nightdresses significant}

If there were not black, white couldn't appear and vice versa!
{I doubt that this is true. Black is the absence of light. White, or other colors, could occur without black being present. You might be writing about black being seen as evil and white been seen as good. In that case, you are saying that if there is no evil in the world, then there is no good in the world – one requires the other}

Sledgehammers and nuts come to mind. ;-)

b

chester_100

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Would you please clarify to me? What's difference between "significant" and "important"? Is that too awkward for me to use a lot of imagery?

Significance and importance cannot be always used interchangeably.
Significance makes a strong collocation with matters concerning language and culture, and since the idea of the paragraph seems to be of that sort, I would use significance. As RonBee implied, it’s not clear what “importance of a color” means.

chester_100

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you. I will try to do that.

You want to avoid imagery in writing literary works??
I don’t know, but it’s like avoiding numbers in mathematical calculations. Instead, one can avoid obfuscation, and try to express himself by using the most conventional English figures of speech.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
You want to avoid imagery in writing literary works??
I don’t know, but it’s like avoiding numbers in mathematical calculations. Instead, one can avoid obfuscation, and try to express himself by using the most conventional English figures of speech.
Thank you. I will try as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.