Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Black is a wonderful color in the eyes attracting you while their pupils are getting bigger and you see yourself in those both mirrors. Black hair reminds you of raven's wings wrapping her chicks. Black can spread over someone's skin and cried for losing rights all over the world in order to believe that blacks have equal right as whites, reds and yellows. If black didn't exist, you wouldn't find calm and peace in so-called nights. and you wouldn't see the black lids gradually covering your eyes. In short, black for some brides and people who consider their nightdresses significant, plays an important role. If there were not black, white couldn't appear and vice versa!

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi, Gil
Many thanks for your editing.

Black is a wonderful color in the eyes attracting you while their pupils are getting bigger and you see yourself in those both {two} mirrors.
{I doubt that black eyes are normal. In the U.S. a black eye occurs when someone has been hit in the area of the eye causing a bruise which is blackish in color. Eye colors can range from the most common color, brown, to the least common, green. Rare genetic mutations can even lead to unusual eye colors: black, red, or the appearance of violet. Scientifically, yes you are right. But I consider black literary. and "the puplis" scientifically get bigger while exciting.

Black hair reminds you of raven's wings wrapping her chicks.
{Nicely written}

Black can spread over someone's skin and cried for losing rights all over the world in order to believe that blacks have equal right as whites, reds and yellows.
{I have no idea what this means}Sorry, I couldn't convey my meaning correctly; I mean there is no difference between black people and any other people in their rights.

If black didn't exist, you wouldn't find calm and peace in so-called nights.
{Why so-called nights? It’s either night or it’s not night}Allright! night

and you wouldn't see the black lids gradually covering your eyes.
{“And” needs to be capitalized since it is the beginning of a sentence. I assume that the “black lids covering your eyes” is a reference to death – is that right?}I mean sleeping- gradually sleeping.

In short, black for some brides and people who consider their nightdresses significant, plays an important role.
{Might be written – In short, black plays an important role for some brides and other people who consider their nightdresses significant}Thank you!

If there were not black, white couldn't appear and vice versa!
{I doubt that this is true. Black is the absence of light. White, or other colors, could occur without black being present. You might be writing about black being seen as evil and white been seen as good. In that case, you are saying that if there is no evil in the world, then there is no good in the world – one requires the other}Difference in people's shape

P.S.
Welcome to the forum to help us out!

aderzhang

Member Type
Student or Learner
The most popular color in the world now is the warm color series like red,white and blue

aderzhang

Member Type
Student or Learner
And meanwhile, some others like some cold color series like black or gray

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
All Colors are important!

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I guess you could refer to a color as important, but I would pick a different adjective. (I guess if you can say it's significant you can say it's important.)

Taghavi, there is a lot of imagery in your writing. Sometimes it perplexes. It does make me think, though. (Maybe that is a good thing.)

:)

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I guess you could refer to a color as important, but I would pick a different adjective. (I guess if you can say it's significant you can say it's important.)

Taghavi, there is a lot of imagery in your writing. Sometimes it perplexes. It does make me think, though. (Maybe that is a good thing.)

Would you please clarify to me? What's difference between "significant" and "important"? Is that too awkward for me to use a lot of imagery?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Some colours are far more important and significant than others. These are the colours that are used more commonly to signify.
Red, for example, signifies things like "stop!". It is used for fire engines, fire hydrants, post boxes ....
Blue is the colour of sky; yellow of the sun, green of grass,
This colour is not so important. It does not have the import of red. Maybe these colours signify in the military.
This one, I think, could be dispensed with altogether and no one would even notice!
And they are just the ones in this palette.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Some colours are far more important and significant than others. These are the colours that are used more commonly to signify.
Red, for example, signifies things like "stop!". It is used for fire engines, fire hydrants, post boxes ....
Blue is the colour of sky; yellow of the sun, green of grass,
This colour is not so important. It does not have the import of red. Maybe these colours signify in the military.
This one, I think, could be dispensed with altogether and no one would even notice!
And they are just the ones in this palette.
Yes, Those three original colors, red, yellow and blue, create all other important colors from black through white.

And a proverb about the importance of "black";

"Black will take no other hue"

post boxes in Iran are yellow but our sky is blue too.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Would you please clarify to me? What's difference between "significant" and "important"? Is that too awkward for me to use a lot of imagery?
The two words mean pretty much the same thing. That's why I say if you can use one you can use the other.

I wouldn't say imagery is awkward, but if the reader or listener doesn't understand the imagery he is unlikely to understand the poem.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
The two words mean pretty much the same thing. That's why I say if you can use one you can use the other.

I wouldn't say imagery is awkward, but if the reader or listener doesn't understand the imagery he is unlikely to understand the poem.

Poem? I didn't write a poem. Anyway, how can I clear the imagery of my prose?

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Black can spread over someone's skin and cried for losing rights all over the world in order to believe that blacks have equal right as whites, reds and yellows.
Thank you so much for your help!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thank you so much for your help!
stevenmark33's post was simply a copy of one of your incorrect sentences. Don't take it for a correction.
Maybe he'll explain what his intentions were.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Poem? I didn't write a poem. Anyway, how can I clear the imagery of my prose?
You are right. This one probably doesn't qualify as a poem, but the point is the same anyway. If the reader doesn't understand the imagery he probably won't get the message. Is your question how do you make your message more clear? I suppose you could avoid imagery altogether. That is, of course, your choice.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
You are right. This one probably doesn't qualify as a poem, but the point is the same anyway. If the reader doesn't understand the imagery he probably won't get the message. Is your question how do you make your message more clear? I suppose you could avoid imagery altogether. That is, of course, your choice.

Thank you. I will try to do that.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
stevenmark33's post was simply a copy of one of your incorrect sentences. Don't take it for a correction.
Maybe he'll explain what his intentions were.
Please help me out Raymoot.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
With what? And please don't call me Raymoot. :-o
Sorry for wrong spelling of your name. Sometimes I write too quickly to forget how to spell correctly.
As you told me Stevenmark didn't correct my errors he, in stead, wrote my wrong sentence. Well, I will appreciate it if you can edit this sentence for me.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Sorry for wrong spelling of your name. Sometimes I write too quickly to forget how to spell correctly.
As you told me Stevenmark didn't correct my errors he, in stead, wrote my wrong sentence. Well, I will appreciate it if you can edit this sentence for me.

Ok, we don't call people reds and yellows, and rarely 'blacks' and 'whites' these days - It's impolite.
Black can spread over someone's skin. I can't paraphrase this. If a person is black, they don't become black by 'spreading'. They are generally born black and stay that way, unless they're Michael Jackson. Black spreading across your skin signifies a melanoma - an aggressive skin cancer.

and cried for losing rights all over the world
There's not subject here, The way you have written it "Black" is the subject.
I think you mean someone is crying for not having rights - whether they lost rights or never had them in the first place.

in order to believe that blacks have equal right as whites, reds and yellows.
... so that they can believe that black people have the same rights as people of other races.

You possibly mean something like:
Black people cry/protest all over the world to gain the same rights as people of other races.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Status
Not open for further replies.