[General] i want to improve my English language

Status
Not open for further replies.

orientalgirl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Heloo,
i joined this forum because i want to improve my Englis language , i'm interested in English language , it's my second language , i find difficulties in learning english and i want someone to help me, can i use this forum? is this the right place or i understood the purpose for that forum?
please tell me.
i heard anenglish expression and i want to know what is that mean?

"How things are going at yourend?" when we should say that expression and for what?

thanks,

hanky

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Heloo,
i joined this forum because i want to improve my Englis language , i'm interested in English language , it's my second language , i find difficulties in learning english and i want someone to help me, can i use this forum? is this the right place or i understood the purpose for that forum?
please tell me.

thanks,

First of all, welcome to the forums.:up:
Yes, you are at the right place where you can ask questions concerning about the English language. You will get help of teachers and experts in this site.

Secondly, try to correct any typos in your post first. These typos can be easily seen as they are underlined in red (you can see it right after you typed it wrong). Later, also try to write your post using small sentences instead of just a big one without a punctuation.

Lastly, there are forums for members to play fun game, I hope to see you there.
Good luck.

I am not a teacher.

Linguist__

Member Type
Student or Learner
"How things are going at yourend?" when we should say that expression and for what?

(Not a teacher)

Welcome to the forums.

The correct expression is "How are things going at your end?", or just "how are things at your end?". It is simply asking how a person is, when the person is away from the speaker - either talking on the phone, or over the internet. 'At your end' means 'where you are'. You would use this the same way you would use 'how are things?' or simply 'how are you?'. However, only use it when the speaker is actually away from you - on the phone, or over the internet, as I said. It wouldn't be appropriate to ask this when you are face-to-face with someone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.