Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. roseriver1012's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 273
    #1

    Talking the words____ the song?

    Here is the one: I've heard that tune before, but I don't know the words___ the song.
    A.for B. to C. of D. in
    If only one of them can be chosen, which one would you prefer?
    And better with your reasons, for I have to learn how to convince my students. Thanks!

  2. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 24,091
    #2

    Re: the words____ the song?

    Quote Originally Posted by roseriver1012 View Post
    Here is the one: I've heard that tune before, but I don't know the words___ the song.
    A.for B. to C. of D. in
    If only one of them can be chosen, which one would you prefer?
    And better with your reasons, for I have to learn how to convince my students. Thanks!
    "of" would be the most common.
    "to" is possible.
    "in" is grammatical, but native speakers wouldn't use it in this context.
    "for" is not likely.

  3. roseriver1012's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 273
    #3

    Re: the words____ the song?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    "of" would be the most common.
    "to" is possible.
    "in" is grammatical, but native speakers wouldn't use it in this context.
    "for" is not likely.
    the answer to it is "to" . Is there a difference in any way between "to" and "of"?

  4. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 24,091
    #4

    Re: the words____ the song?

    Quote Originally Posted by roseriver1012 View Post
    the answer to it is "to" . Is there a difference in any way between "to" and "of"?
    The meaning is the same, whichever you choose.

Similar Threads

  1. song sung blue
    By Nefertiti in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-May-2008, 22:38
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2008, 22:19
  3. Italian words commonly used in English
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-Mar-2008, 16:21
  4. That song of hers...That song of Nelly Furtado?
    By Passionwagon in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-Aug-2006, 16:24
  5. 1000 most important words
    By Joe in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Sep-2004, 07:23

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •