Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi,
I have to write this important letter for my school. I' d like to know from native speakers if it's ok.:oops:
thanks.
Rip

Dear Sirs,
with this letter we would like to inform you that on the 5th of February at about 10 o' clock a group of students of our vocational high school for Tourism and Catering "G. Minuto"will visit the camp.
The students will be accompanied by three teachers and a boy who is serving his civil service for the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service.
We are looking forward to receive your kind confirmation.
Yours faithfully

The teachers accompanying the group

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,
I have to write this important letter for my school. I' d like to know from native speakers if it's ok.:oops:
thanks.
Rip

Dear Sirs,
with this letter we would like to inform you that on the 5th of February at about 10 o' clock a group of students of our vocational high school for Tourism and Catering "G. Minuto"will visit the camp.
The students will be accompanied by three teachers and a boy who is serving his civil service for the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service.
We are looking forward to receive your kind confirmation.
Yours faithfully

The teachers accompanying the group
***NOT A TEACHER***Before the writing teachers reply, may I try: Dear Sirs: We wish to inform you that some students from G. Minuto Tourism and Catering Vocational High School will visit your camp on February 5 at about 10 a.m. They will be accompanied by three teachers and a young man who is working for the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service. We would greatly appreciate your confirmation.

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
***NOT A TEACHER***Before the writing teachers reply, may I try: Dear Sirs: We wish to inform you that some students from G. Minuto Tourism and Catering Vocational High School will visit your camp on February 5 at about 10 a.m. They will be accompanied by three teachers and a young man who is working for the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service. We would greatly appreciate your confirmation.
Hi, Thanks a lot for your suggestions. the fact is that it is important that they know how many students are going there (I can't just say some);
besides, are you sure I can say "your " camp?
Rip

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, Thanks a lot for your suggestions. the fact is that it is important that they know how many students are going there (I can't just say some);
besides, are you sure I can say "your " camp?
Rip
***NOT A TEACHER***Great questions! (1) You just said a group of students. Yes, of course, you can tell them the exact number so that they can prepare for the visitors. (2) "The camp" is fine. I just used "your" because they, of course, know about their own camp. In fact, if you want to be more formal, you may want to write the official name of the camp instead of only "the camp." Thank you.

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
***NOT A TEACHER***Great questions! (1) You just said a group of students. Yes, of course, you can tell them the exact number so that they can prepare for the visitors. (2) "The camp" is fine. I just used "your" because they, of course, know about their own camp. In fact, if you want to be more formal, you may want to write the official name of the camp instead of only "the camp." Thank you.
Sorry :oops:I forgot ot write part of the sentence ( a group of 34 students...)
Thanks a lot.
Rip

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sorry :oops:I forgot ot write part of the sentence ( a group of 34 students...)
Thanks a lot.
Rip
You're very welcome. Hope everyone has a nice trip.

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
You're very welcome. Hope everyone has a nice trip.
Thanks, but I think it will be a hard time because the visit of the Nazi concentration camp will make everyone sad....

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks, but I think it will be a hard time because the visit of the Nazi concentration camp will make everyone sad....[/QUOTEWhen people say "camp" here in the States, we think of a summer camp for people. I forgot that the word "camp" could have another meaning in Europe. After the students return from their trip, they will certainly have a better understanding of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.