translation of a profession needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrann

Member Type
English Teacher
Hi everybody,

is there a native or someone who could help me to express the name of a profession?

it should be a (wo)man who uses different methods (methodologist?) to work with the taxes collected from the revenue/income of legal entities/legal persons.

I'll be grateful for any possible help

j

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi everybody,

is there a native or someone who could help me to express the name of a profession?

it should be a (wo)man who uses different methods (methodologist?) to work with the taxes collected from the revenue/income of legal entities/legal persons.

I'll be grateful for any possible help

j
to my mind profession omes is 'accountant'...still wait for native to reply to it

digitS'

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you are thinking of someone who is professionally trained to assist individuals and companies file and pay taxes, I believe that person is an accountant.

A "tax preparer" may be unlicensed. In the United States, "under current law, anyone can prepare a tax return for a fee, with virtually no standards." (Reuters) That situation may change. The Internal Revenue Service has proposed regulations for tax preparers.

Steve

wrann

Member Type
English Teacher
thanks a lot, guys, for your answers,

but it's not an accountant. it's my fault, cause I hadn't expressed clearly what I wanted to know.

this job exists in our country just at the Internal Revenue Service and word for word could be translated as 'methodologist of income tax of legal entities'

the problem is that it doesn't sound English to me, especially the double prepositional phrase with 'of'. I'm also not sure about the word 'methodologist'

i know it's almost impossible to find out the name of the similar profession in English, as there isn't probably any.
Anyway, I'd be very happy if you knew how to say that or if you could tell me how to make it sound better.

j

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
An auditor does this (among other things).
A Taxation Officer, employed by the Taxation Office - probably an accountant / auditor.

But the problem is that different countries have different terms.
In Australia we have a Taxation Office, not an IRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.