Other
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
This is written by a friend of mine.

"The humanism of Japan tended to excludes women, elderly people, and foreigners. It is time to change humanism that includes women, elderly people, and foreigners."

In my opinion, the following sentence is easier to understand. What do you think?

"The humanism of Japan excludes women, elderly people, and foreigners. It is time we thought of humanism that includes women, elderly people, and foreigners."

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

"The humanism of Japan tended to excludes women, elderly people, and foreigners. It is time to change humanism that includes women, elderly people, and foreigners."

In my opinion, the following sentence is easier to understand. What do you think?

"The humanism of Japan excludes women, elderly people, and foreigners. It is time we thought of humanism that includes women, elderly people, and foreigners."

Yes, it is. It would be better though, to write ..."humanism that inclides these groups/people" rather than repeat "women, elderly people and foreigners".

chellamuthu

Member Type
Student or Learner

In my opinion, the following sentence sounds better. What do the native speakers think?

"It is time to think of humanism that includes women, elderly people, and foreigners."

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

It's time we adopted a humanism that includes these people.
It's time we thought of humanism as including these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.