Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Revolted

  1. Anonymous


    Hello, this is Andréa from Brazil.

    Can the past participle "revolted" be used as an adjective ?
    Eg: They are revolted teenagers (I mean teenagers who don´t want to obey rules, orders) . Or would it be better to say "rebellious teenagers" ?

    - And can you use the verb "to ask for" with "divorce" ?

    For example: Since Jane is not happy with her marriage, she will ASK FOR THE DIVORCE ?



  2. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,546
    The word revolting is used as an adjective, but as far as I know, revolted is not. The word rebellious should do just fine in describing teenagers who don't want to obey the rules.

    In this country, when someone wants to get out of a marriage he or she will ask for a divorce.


  3. Editor,
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 70,948
    I agree with Ron- revolted is generally used as a past participle. The present particple, revolting, is used as an adjective but it means 'digusting' or 'horrible'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts