Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Has finish turning some special meaning in English?

A woman has the odd feeling of knowing what next is going to happen, and sees someone who is a nemesis of her. This man doesn't know he is such a thing for the woman. And then, this sentence:

She finished turning, and her premonition came true. That man was there, looking exactly as she'd imagined him

Please, what is saying this "finished turning"? Does it mean she was looking backwards and now she returns at her normal position? I think that something doesn't fit. Previously, the text doesn't ever say the woman has turned to see him.

Thank You

Last edited:

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Has finish turning some special meaning in English?

A woman has the odd feeling of knowing what next is going to happen, and sees someone who is a nemesis of her. This man doesn't know he is such a thing for the woman. And then, this sentence:

She finished turning, and her premonition came true. That man was there, looking exactly as she'd imagined him

Please, what is saying this "finished turning"? Does it mean she was looking backwards and now she returns at her normal position? I think that something doesn't fit. Previously, the text doesn't ever say the woman has turned to see him.

Thank You

I can only assume that she had already begun to slowly turn toward someone who was in her peripheral vision -- and who was awakening a premonition in her. Only when she had finished turning could she see him well enough to know that he was "exactly as she'd imagined him."

Status
Not open for further replies.