who and whom

As the title,may i know when to use who and whom? Detailed explanation would be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: who and whom

Hello zayck,
    There are many, many threads on this already. You can use the search function within the forums to look for threads that discuss this.

Here is one: https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/a...5-grammar.html

If you have a specific question about which one to use, please write the sentence here. If you still have questions after you have read the thread, please ask them here.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    You can use the search function within the forums to look for threads that discuss this.
    I would suggest the same thing to zayck, but I couldn't managed to find anything. Any tips for the search function of the forums?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I just typed in "who whom" (without the quotes) and looked at the hits that came up. Some were useful, and some not as much, but there's plenty of reading to start someone on their way.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.