Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hi fellow members

Could some member/s edit the following short passage for me?

Thanks in advance.

A few years ago, when I entered the office, I was surprised to see a few of my colleagues from another section there. I was also surprised that I was among the first staff members to reach the office. I was usually among the last persons to reach the office.

A few minutes later, I thought it must be a public holiday and the staff from the other section were there as they had to supervise the labourers who had to work on that day. To confirm my belief, I checked my pocket calendar and, true enough, it was a public holiday.

After that, I returned home. I did not tell anybody, including my parents, that I had been so forgetful. Neither did I inform my colleagues the next day about my mistake as I was afraid that they might laugh at me.

mmasny

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi fellow members

Could some member/s edit the following short passage for me?

Thanks in advance.

A few years ago, when I entered the office, I was surprised to see a few of my colleagues from another section there. I was also surprised that I was among the first staff members to reach the office. I was usually one of the last to get there.

A few minutes later, I thought it must be a public holiday and people from the other section were there, as they had to supervise the labourers, who had to work on that day. To confirm my belief, I checked my pocket calendar and, true enough, it was a public holiday.

After that, I returned home. I did not tell anybody, including my parents, that I had been so forgetful. Neither did I inform my colleagues the next day about my mistake, as I was afraid that they might laugh at me.

That's what I see - three commas and some repetitions. I'm not sure if 'on' is needed in "who had to work on that day".
I am not a teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.