past participle adjective of Born

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Views : 6,725
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, I need some help here. I would like to know if this is a proper sentence using PP adjective of Born

I was born by my mother in 1968

Thanks for the help!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi, I need some help here. I would like to know if this is a proper sentence using PP adjective of Born

I was born by my mother in 1968

Thanks for the help!
No, it isn't, you can say "My mother gave birth to me in 1968" .

chevelko

Member Type
Other
My grand daughter came home today with 6th grade class work. The teacher gave examples and the first was:

Present Habit
Bear
Women always bear children

Bore

She bore the child in 1983

For Past Participle Adjective he has on his form as a sample of how to do the work the sentence: I was born by my mother in 1978.

This was his samples and then there were a list of other words. I could not get my mind around that sentence that it could be agree and seems that one other person also does not agree. I then went ahead an googled it and finally ended up here.

One other word she has is Run (Present Habit) Ran (Past) Run (Past Participle Adjective.

Why is it so impossible for met o help her with her homework. I just cannot understand this. She feels she needs to stick with the model for Run of PP Adj that the teacher gave her. This leaves her with something like I was on the road and could run very fast.

Totally confused and am so grateful to any teacher who might have some advise on this. Googling it is making me more confused and it is the teacher's example up there about she 'bore' the child in 1983 that seems to make this more complicated for me. Any feed back is soooo appreciated.

Chevelko in Viet Nam

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
One can "be born" but we cannot "born someone".

Status
Not open for further replies.