Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hi!
I have a question to ask from this abstract on line news about Haiti earthquake
The 2010 Haiti earthquake was a catastrophic magnitude 7.0 Mw earthquake. Its epicentre was near the town of L้ogโne, approximately 25 km (16 miles) west of Port-au-Prince, Haiti's capital. The earthquake occurred at 16:53 local time (21:53 UTC) on Tuesday, 12 January 2010.
I wonder whether it's alright that I
1) make letter "e" a capital letter because I'd like to show the equality between these 2 words "Haiti" and "Earthquake"
2) I'd like to use the word "Richter scale" in the place of "magnitude".
How can I do that? ( May I say measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale)

Thank you for your time.
Phorntita :-D
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/forward.asp?webtag=dictionary&msg=32529.6

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Hi!
I have a question to ask from this abstract on line news about Haiti earthquake
The 2010 Haiti earthquake was a catastrophicmagnitude 7.0 Mwearthquake. Its epicentre was near the town of L้ogโne, approximately 25 km (16 miles) west of Port-au-Prince, Haiti's capital. The earthquake occurred at 16:53 local time (21:53 UTC) on Tuesday, 12 January 2010.
I wonder whether it's alright that I
1) make letter "e" a capital letter because I'd like to show the equality between these 2 words "Haiti" and "Earthquake"
2) I'd like to use the word "Richter scale" in the place of "magnitude".
How can I do that? ( May I say measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale)

Thank you for your time.
Phorntita :-D

It has not yet received the historical acclaim of being so important an earthquake that it must be capitalised. That may well yet come.

You will have to change wording if you wish to say the magnitude of the earthquake was 7.0 on the Richter scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.