English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hi Fellow Teachers,

Today is my first day teaching English. I haven't had any experience in marking students' essays before. I was wondering if you could help me out here.

Can you Read through my student's written work(only a small part), decide what level they are and tell me the reasons for your choice.

"Most of the people love quiet, they don't like to be in crowded enviroment if it is unneccessary. That will make them feel nervous. If you are living in a large city and you want to relax, but there are too many people on the street, that is you can’t do what you want and you can’t go to the places that you want. It will make you feel sad. That means the stress staying in your mind."

Regards,

Ben Cheng

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The writing is full of little inaccuracies- most of the people/most people, the comma after quiet, the missing article before 'crowded environment', the unnatural phrasing of 'if it is unnecessary', etc. However, they're getting their basic point across. When you ask for level, it's hard to answer without knowing the levels you are using. I'd call this intermediate, but a lot depends on the system, the outcomes, exams, etc.

buncheng

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Hong Kong
Thanks Tdol, I'd call this intermediate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.