[Essay] Can anyone plz help me correct the essay practice and give me some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lydia YANG

Member Type
Student or Learner
Without capital punishment our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Capital punishment, also referred as death penalty, is the execution of a person by the state. It is believed that death penalty has the effect of controlling violence, which is conducive to the steadability of our society as a whole. In this essay, I would like to look some of the arguments for and against the issue whether capital punishment is beneficial for sustaining and improving our public order or not.

Opponents claim that the application of death penalty is promoting revenge by leally killing people who has committed a capital offense. In a long term, this will make people lack of mercy and be inhuman. Also, concern about depriving the life of innocent people has been widespread. All these might contribute to some potential threats on the security of our society.

This might be true, however, there are also evidence showing that death penalty has a latent power of warning people served as the deterrence significant enough for our society. According to the research in Chicago University, it stated that every execution would deter 8 criminals. In this case, it goes without saying that the implementation of capital punishment can have a deterrent effect to prevent people to break law and be nasty. Furthermore, death penalty is delivering a message of persuading people to be a law-abiding citizen and never across the “line”, rather than revenge.

In conclusion, what we have to bear in mind is that every story always has two sides. Although there are undoubted some problems with the executing death penalty, I feel strongly that the country can be more stable with its deterrent effect to violence and crime.

Last edited:

lydia YANG

Member Type
Student or Learner
it's one of my practice for ielts test, so can anyone PLZ help......:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A threat is something that is potentially harmful.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.