[Essay] Rephrase sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean21

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi guys,
For my IELTS practice test, I wanna ask about the correct way to rephrase some sentences. I just use the example from my IELTS practice book

"For companies in the maturity stage to survive, firm have to compete in the term of quality of the product, while firm innovativeness in developing product or services not so dominant as the changes are not as radical as before, however the uniqueness of the offering product to the market and differentiation of product important in helping firm to compete at this stage. To preserves this stage, the company have to make innovation and must spend a lot in advertising section. Because a competition in this stage is very high, it makes it difficult for the new entrants to come into the market to compete with all of the existing companies in the industry."

Any answers will be greatly appreciated :)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi ocean, and welcome to the forums.

First a quick comment about "wanna." Because this is where people come to learn English, using short forms (along with "u" or other text-appropriate "words") isn't appropriate here.

Generally, we ask people to try to provide their own answer first.

In this case, the original writing is almost impossible to understand and is not grammatical to start with. Are you saying that what you quoted came out of your textbook as a model sentence?

ocean21

Member Type
Student or Learner
Again, pardon for my really bad english

the paragraph above is my own, rephrased from the textbook, so it may have some grammatical errors, and I would like to ask you for some guidances on how to make it a better paragraph

Thank you

Oh I am still a student anyway :)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Okay, that makes more sense.

First, write shorter sentences.

Look at this: For companies in the maturity stage to survive, firm have to compete in the term of quality of the product, while firm innovativeness in developing product or services not so dominant as the changes are not as radical as before, however the uniqueness of the offering product to the market and differentiation of product important in helping firm to compete at this stage.

All one sentence.

Is it ALL about mature companies? It would be useful to post the original sentence. Then try to paraphrase. But take it slowly. Mature companies... what? Additionally, they... what? To compete, they need to ... what?

Status
Not open for further replies.