Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Now let see some light on how our news channels report sports news. Cricket has been first and the last love of our news channels. The day when India wins a match, all news channels continuously flashes the same news of the match in general and the man of the match player in particular; as if he has won noble prize. The news anchor keeps on praising the team breathlessly, catapulting the team not just to cloud 9 but to 99, as if they has won Olympics Gold medal. If the very next day India losses a match, the table turns around and the same anchor who the previous day have equated the players/team as a God, describes them as a worse than a devil and that too on top of his/her voice.

mmasny

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Now let's see [STRIKE]some light on[/STRIKE] how our news channels report sports news. Cricket has been the first and the last love of our news channels. The day when India wins a match, all news channels continuously flash[STRIKE]es[/STRIKE] the same news about it, especially about the player of the match; as if he had won the Nobel Prize.
I'd recommend that you use the standard font. Maybe it's just me, but I had problems reading it. That's why I didn't check the rest of your text.
I'm not a teacher, so I'm probably wrong somewhere.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I'd recommend that you use the standard font. Maybe it's just me, but I had problems reading it. That's why I didn't check the rest of your text.
I'm not a teacher, so I'm probably wrong somewhere.

Thanks for your time and help, I am posting the other half of the article in the standard font

The news anchor keeps on praising the team breathlessly, catapulting the team not just to cloud 9 but to 99, as if they had won Olympics Gold medal. If the very next day India losses a match, the table turns around and the same anchor who the previous day have equated the players/team as a God, describes them even more worse than a devil and that too on top of his/her voice.The photos of all the players would be flashed one after the other on the scene as if they are 'Most Wanted Criminals'

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Now let us focus (see) some light on how our news channels report sports news. Cricket has been the first and the last love of our news channels. The day when India wins a match, all news channels continuously flashes the same news footage of the match (in general and) especially the player adjudged as the man of the match (player in particular;) as if he has won noble prize. The news anchor keeps on praising the team breathlessly, catapulting/elevating/exalting it (the team) not just to skies (cloud 9) but much above (to 99,) as if they have won an Olympics Gold medal. If on the very next day India losses a match, the table turns around and the same anchor who the previous day had equated the players/team with (as a) God, describes them as (a) worse than a devil and that too on top of his/her voice.

You can try this version. 'catapulationg' does not look to be a fitting word, so I have suggested two alternative words.

Status
Not open for further replies.