Can you check my Four Sentences if correct? (Thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindalinda1228

Member Type
Student or Learner
These sentences are intended to be written in Standard English that is informal enough for correct use of contractions to be acceptable. In each sentence, cross out or delete the incorrect words and write the corrected words.
1.My advice is that your explanation was sound in principle, and you would have passed if you’d made less errors.
Correct: My advice to you is that, explanation was sound in principle, and you would have passed if you’d made fewer errors.

2.He felt so bad about embarrassing her at dinner that he decided to lay down and feel sorry for himself after dessert.
Correct: He felt so bad about embarrassing her at dinner. He decided to lie down and feel sorry of himself after dessert.

3.The horse was already standing stationery in its stall when they finished their chores.
Correct: The horse was already standing stationery in its stall, after they finished their chores.

4.A large number of their family members left Iran after its revolution.
Correct: A larger number of her family member left Iran after its revolution.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
3.The horse was already standing stationery in its stall when they finished their chores.
Correct: The horse was already standing stationery in its stall, after they finished their chores.

4.A large number of their family members left Iran after its revolution.
Correct: A larger number of her family member left Iran after its revolution.
For the first one, I would simply delete the word stationery. For the second one, try:
Quite a few members of their family left Iran after the revolution.

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Of course, if the horse is standing it is not moving. (Stationary is the right word to use there.)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.