[Grammar] Is "right up through" is an old phrase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhatruc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear all.
I read a following passage, but I havn't understood two phrases
'cross over' and 'right up through to'

It is a new frontier, and there are old, traditional forms of crime being committed electronically, and via computers and the internet, but there are also new crime types emerging.
Electronic crime really does cross over a whole range of different crime types.
You can imagine stalking offences that may be facilitated via email, harassment, threatening emails, small-scale fraud offences, right up through to large-scale frauds committed via the internet.

I guess phrase 'cross over' is change one type to another type:
So the sentence:Electronic crime really does cross over a whole range of different crime types. Is written again by
Electronic crime really does change a whole range of different crime types to another crime type.

I guess 'right up through to' is even:
So the sentence You can imagine stalking offences that may be facilitated via email, harassment, threatening emails, small-scale fraud offences, right up through to large-scale frauds committed via the internet. is written again: You can imagine stalking offences that may be facilitated via email, harassment, threatening emails, small-scale fraud offences, even to large-scale
frauds committed via the internet.

If some one has idea which is more suitable with the context of passage, please post it here.
I'm expecting for your reply.
Your sincerely

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would use cross over here to mean the same thing as encompasses.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.