Request of a document to the English court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polpetta

Member Type
Other
Hello everybody...this is my first post!

Please I have to ask a certificate to the English court and I would like to address my request in the correct way and use the right register/vocabulary.
This is my try:

Case No. ---------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

In order to officially recognize the validity of my divorce made final on the 1st of September 2008 in the Swindon County Court, the City of Florence requires the following Certificate:

• Certificato di cui all’art.39 del reg. CE 2201/2003 esente da legalizzazione (certificate ex Art. 39 reg. CE 2201/2003).

I therefore kindly ask to send such Certificate to my address in Italy:
---------
To this purpose I enclose the papers attesting the divorce (decree nisi, decree absolute).

Thanking you ( for?) I look forward to receive from you the required document.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you for your help.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello everybody...this is my first post!

Please I have to ask a certificate to the English court and I would like to address my request in the correct way and use the right register/vocabulary.
This is my try:

Case No. ---------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

In order to officially recognize the validity of my divorce made final on the 1st of September 2008 in the Swindon County Court, the City of Florence requires the following Certificate:

• Certificato di cui all’art.39 del reg. CE 2201/2003 esente da legalizzazione (certificate ex Art. 39 reg. CE 2201/2003).

I therefore kindly ask to send such Certificate to my address in Italy:
---------
To this purpose I enclose the papers attesting the divorce (decree nisi, decree absolute).

Thanking you ( for?) I look forward to receive from you the required document.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you for your help.

Do you think that whoever you are sending this to will understand the Italian?

Polpetta

Member Type
Other
Dear Gillnetter,
Thank you so much for your help! I will make all the useful changes you suggested.

Dear bhaisahab,
I thought that since I enclosed in parenthesis the translation the meaning would have been clear.
I did not translate "esente da legalizzazione" because I have no idea of what it means (!!!!) but I left it in Italian just in case the officer of the court in England needed this further information (the municipal employee in Florence told me that in England they know what is it; it is not the first time he require this certificate....).

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It seems there are a couple of possible certificates (Judgments on matrimonial matters or parental responsibility)

Article 39
The competent court or authority of a Member State of origin shall, at the request of any interested party, issue a certificate using the standard form set out in Annex I (judgments in matrimonial matters) or in Annex II (judgments on parental responsibility).

From what you say, it would appear to be the first.
http://www.legaltext.ee/en/andmebaa...&keel=en&pg=1&ptyyp=I&tyyp=SITE_T&query=child
(Scroll down to Annex 1 near the end for the contents of the certificates.)

Status
Not open for further replies.