Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Oman

    • Join Date: Feb 2010
    • Posts: 52
    #1

    correct this sentence

    there is no evidence that G.M food has caused us any damage

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Oman

    • Join Date: Feb 2010
    • Posts: 52
    #2

    Re: correct this sentence

    correct

    - This jacket doesn't suit me. It is large.

  1. Nightmare85's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 1,333
    #3

    Re: correct this sentence

    I would say:

    There is no evidence that G.M food has caused any damage to us.
    This jacket isn't suitable for me because it's too large.

    **Neither a teacher nor a native speaker.**

    Cheers!

  2. euncu's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

    • Join Date: Aug 2009
    • Posts: 1,314
    #4

    Re: correct this sentence

    ***neither a teacher nor a native-speaker***

    There is no actual evidence that G.M. food(s) has(have) caused any harm to anyone.
    This jacket won't fit, it's just too large

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 438
    #5

    Re: correct this sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moh55555 View Post
    there is no evidence that G.M food has caused us any damage
    I can't see the mistake. If you check Cambridge dictionary you can read this example:I hope the children haven't caused you too much trouble.Which I think has a similar structure.

    Can you explain to me where and why you find the mistake?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 438
    #6

    Re: correct this sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moh55555 View Post
    correct

    - This jacket doesn't suit me. It is large.
    However, I do see one mistake in this one:
    In the first sentence you say something related to that jacket, ok. The second part of you statement should be a kind of explanation. Therefore: it doesn't suit you because it is too large.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 438
    #7

    Re: correct this sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by ratóncolorao View Post
    However, I do see one mistake in this one:
    In the first sentence you say something related to that jacket, ok. The second part of you statement should be a kind of explanation. Therefore: it doesn't suit you because it is too large.
    Neither a teacher nor a native speaker

  3. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,626
    #8

    Re: correct this sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moh55555 View Post
    there is no evidence that G.M food has caused us any damage
    The mistakes are that there is no capital letter at the beginning and no full stop at the end.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Oman

    • Join Date: Feb 2010
    • Posts: 52
    #9

    Re: correct this sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    The mistakes are that there is no capital letter at the beginning and no full stop at the end.
    sure,I know that.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Oman

    • Join Date: Feb 2010
    • Posts: 52
    #10

    Re: correct this sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by ratóncolorao View Post
    I can't see the mistake. If you check Cambridge dictionary you can read this example:I hope the children haven't caused you too much trouble.Which I think has a similar structure.

    Can you explain to me where and why you find the mistake?

    thanks for your reply.

    look, I am teacher of English.My students always asks me sentences like those.There is a type of questions called find the mistake which they will face in the last year examination. They always bring strange sentences which I feel they are right.so I put some of them here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. help correct my sentence
    By esophea in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2010, 18:23
  2. Is this sentence correct?
    By snade17 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2009, 00:12
  3. Which of the following sentence is correct?
    By brat in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-Jul-2008, 10:21
  4. Is the sentence correct?
    By Hanka in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Oct-2006, 21:51
  5. grammar
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-Dec-2003, 20:02

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •